Music Therapy is an established healthcare professional that uses music to address physical, emotional, cognitive, and social needs of individuals of all ages. Music therapy improves the quality of life for persons who are well and meets the needs of children and adults with disabilities or illness.
Music Therapy interventions can be designed to:
- address academic, cognitive, behavioral, social and physical needs;
- facilitate development in communication skills;
- maintain structure and predictability;
- provide an outlet for expression of feelings;
- meet the individual needs of children an adults.
Music Therapy Activities may include:
- playing instruments
- moving to music
- music and art
- music and imagery
- actively listening